Southern Country Boil
” Step Make a Recipe Southern Country Boil need 14 ingredients and 6 Step”
You can cook Southern Country Boil use 14 ingredients and 6 step. Here’s how to cook }.
Ingredients make Southern Country Boil
- You Need Main Ingredients.
- You Need corn on cob – halved.
- You Need red potatoes – quarted or halved.
- You Need water or enough to cover.
- You Need par or fully cooked crab legs (look in your freezer section) If you can find fresh use instead..
- You Need raw jumbo shrimp- deviened (peel/tail-on optional).
- You Need smoked sausage links like polish kilbasa.
- You Need seasoning.
- You Need Old Bay crab/seafood boil.
- You Need salt.
- You Need Serving and garnish options.
- You Need lemons – wedged or sliced.
- You Need parsley or scallions.
- You Need melted butter.
Steps cook Southern Country Boil
- Start with 2 quarts of water in a very large stock pot. place on high heat to boil..
- Halve or quarter red potatoes to roughly same size and add to pot. Cook until tender but slightly under done.
- Add sausage links, corn cobs, Old Bay season bag, and salt to pot. Add more water to cover if needed. Bring back to boil..
- Add crab legs and time cooking according to package (5-7min) . Add more water to cover if needed, making sure water is still very hot. 5 mins after adding crab, add shrimp. shrimp should cook only 2-3 mins. cover your pot and remove from heat. let steep for additional 5 minutes..
- Be careful not to overcook your seafood ingredients! This can happen quickly and you will end up with tough seafood. good rule of thumb for shrimp is the shape in which it curls up. C is for cooked, O is for overcooked..
- remove all ingredients from pot and place on a large platter. serve with melted butter and lemon wedges. garnish with chopped parsley or scallions if desired..