Ox Tail Soup recipes - Whether you browse ox tail soup recipes, purchase an e-book, a hardback e-book, or a web based subscription to a recipe site, you'll find that there are a lot of assets on the internet which is able to allow you to to be taught prime secret recipes at this time. One of the best ways to find online cooking guides on the internet is to make use of assessment sites, they may also help you make a decision on which product you wish to purchase whereas at the identical time offering you with detailed opinions.
You can have Ox Tail Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ox Tail Soup
- You need 6-8 lb ox tails.
- Prepare 2 onions, whole.
- You need 2 onions, chopped.
- You need 10 cloves garlic.
- Prepare 3 bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 cans tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 cup barley (not "instant" barley").
- It's 2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 10 stalks celery, sliced.
- It's 2 large onions, diced.
- Prepare 5 cups cooked spaetzle (see spaetzle recipe).
Ox Tail Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, add ox tails, then add water to cover the oxtails by an inch. Add whole onions, cloves of the garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours..
- Take out ox tails and refrigerate overnight. Discard whole onion and cloves of garlic from the broth. Refrigerate the broth and bay leaves separately from the ox tails overnight..
- Skim and remove the layer of fat from the broth. Trim fat from ox tails..
- In a large stock pot, add back in broth and ox tails. Add in tomato soup, bring to boil. Add barley. Cover and simmer for an hour..
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add in spaetzle. Remove bay leaves..
Ox Tail Soup - Read Also Recipes