Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo recipes - Making ready mike's new orleans old school seafood gumbo these high secret recipes at house provides you extra freedom along with your food, you possibly can alter certain recipes to suit your personal requirements.e.g. if you're on a food regimen it's possible you'll need to use low-fat butter, or if you are watching your ldl cholesterol consumption you may wish to add much less salt, the possibilities are limitless. Why not use the information you possibly can receive and give you a few of your individual secret recipes.
The herbs, spices, chicken, shrimp, ham, tasso, sausage, crab, okra, stock, hot. Chicken, Sausage & Seafood Gumbo for the Holidays (Cooking with Carolyn). Lobster tails and louisiana seafood gumbo mukbang!
You can cook Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo using 34 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo
- It's ● For The Simple Roux.
- It's 1 Cup AP Flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup Bacon Grease.
- Prepare ● For The Seafood.
- Prepare 3 Pounds Raw Jumbo Gulf Shrimp [de-veined - de-shelled & de-tail.
- Prepare 2 Pounds Pre-Steamed Crawdad Tails [shell free & rinsed of any s.
- Prepare 1 Pound Pre-Steamed Lump Crab Meat [fresh or canned - picked thr.
- Prepare ● For The Meats.
- You need 1 Pound Pre-cooked Andouille Sausage [rough chopped].
- It's ● For The Fresh & Canned Vegetables.
- It's 1 EX LG Green Bell Pepper [seeds & membranes removed - fine chop.
- You need 1 EX LG White Onion [fine chopped].
- You need 3 LG Celery Stalks [fine chopped with leaves].
- It's 4 Garlic Cloves [fine minced].
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) Can Stewed Tomatoes [hand crushed].
- You need 1 (6 oz) Can Tomato Sauce.
- It's ● For The Seasonings.
- It's 3 LG Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp Filo.
- Prepare 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar.
- It's 4 tbsp Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce [or, more to taste - we us.
- Prepare 1 tbsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning [or, more to taste + gar.
- It's 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme.
- It's 2 tbsp Beef Bouillon Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp Gumbo File Powder.
- It's 1 tbsp Worshestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 12 Cups Seafood, Beef Or Chicken Stock [low sodium].
- It's ● For The Sides [as needed].
- It's Jalapeño Corn Bread.
- You need Louisiana Or Tabasco Hot Sauce.
- You need Tony Satcheries Creole Seasoning.
- You need Potato Salad.
- Prepare White Rice.
I've summarized the simplest way to make Gumbo for you. Because the steps are too much to post. Please click the link for the recipe. Discover the secrets to true New Orleans gumbo.
Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo instructions
- Here's what you'll need. Crawdad tails and 12 cups seafood stock not pictured. Sorry. The students got a bit ancy in their picture taking between their dips in the pool and hot tub!.
- Make your simple roux by whisking your flour and bacon grease together in a large, heavy based saucepan over medium heat to form your smooth brown roux. Whisk constantly for 40 - 45 minutes. Or, until your roux achieves a mahogany color. Know the hardest part of your roux will be the time it takes her to fully brown. Be patient and be sure not to burn. ● Authors Tip: Always save your un-burnt bacon grease in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge. It'll last forever and always comes in handy!.
- A completed, darkened roux. This literally makes the gumbo! You should be smelling a delicious nutty scent by the time this specific color develops!.
- Fine chop your hard vegetables. [trinity = celery, bell peppers & onions] Mince your garlic as well..
- Rough chop your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage..
- Add your vegetables in the roux and mix in your sausage. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and simmer until your vegetables are slightly tender. About 10 minutes but again, stir constantly..
- If you'd like - create your own seafood stock with your leftover fluids from your de-thawed shrimp, shells, tails and excess fluids from your seafood bags. Add a total of 12 cups water. Boil for 15 minutes and fine strain. Add seafood stock to pot. This is so much better than plain old water! Chicken or beef stock works as well in a pinch..
- Now, bring roux, vegetables, broth, bouillon and all seasonings to a simmer for 30 minutes except for filet powder. Add filet 15 minutes and stir prior to serving while at a heavy simmer. Pull bay leaves out following that simmer..
- Add your de-thawed, de-veined, de-shelled and de-tailed raw jumbo shrimp and simmer on high for two minutes. You don't want to over cook them. Then, add pre-steamed crab meat and crawdad tails for 1 minute longer and simmer on high. Just enough to heat them. ● Authors Note: Both Gulf and East Coast Raw Jumbo Shrimp were used in this recipe out of necessity today. I usually only use Jumbo Gulf Coast Shrimp. This explains the color variations below if you're at all curious by the photo below..
- ● Authors Tip: Always save your un-burnt bacon grease in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge. It'll last forever and always comes in handy!.
- Rinse pre-steamed crawdad tails of any silt - as there WILL be some - then rough chop. To be added in the last 1 minute of cooking. Just enough time to heat them and finish up the shrimp. ● Authors Note: You can purchase crawdad tails at any Walmart in the frozen seafood section. Much like the roux - these little bad boys really do make the dish!.
- Pre-steamed lump crab meat. Carefully pick thru for any crab shells. To be added in the last 1 minute of cooking. Just enough time to heat them and finish up the shrimp..
- Enjoy your authentic taste of NOLA! [new orleans].
- It's even better if left to sit overnight in the fridge. She'll darken a bit as she sets. This dish is also great for busy, "on the go," work lunches!.
- This is always a traditional egg-celent chilly side to any Gumbo. See my recipe for, "Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad," under my profile to serve as a side dish if you'd like. Like Gumbo itself, it's so much better on the second day! Enjoy!.
Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo - Watch the video, then get dailyrecipedoctor's top-rated recipe for Good New Orleans Creole Gumbo. Here's an old-school gumbo with shrimp, sausage, bacon, okra, the holy trinity, and a roux that is painstakingly stirred and cooked into a warm. This Authentic New Orleans Gumbo is made with a dark roux, vegetables, chicken, sausage, and shrimp, and served over rice. This is a beloved recipe shared with me by a native New Orleanian. By New Orleans Artist, Dianne Parks ►►Either: Professional Lustre Print with a soft sheen - OR - stretched ♫♪ Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo 'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o Son of a gun, we'll. Read Also Recipes