Gumbo recipes - The reality is it's doable to arrange gumbo constituted of contemporary components in a short time. Salad is a first-rate example. All you want is some recent elements, a chopping knife and the meal is ready in five minutes. There are many salad dressings around which may improve a boring plate of greens if the considered all that green stuff does doesn't do a lot for you.One other fast meal is stir fry. It is potential to buy recent stir fry mixes from most stores. Stir fry can go from packet to plate to stomach in 15 minutes.
Gumbo is a true melting pot dish. Originating in Louisiana it combines the cuisines and ingredients of several cultures including West African, French, German, and Choctaw. See more ideas about Gumbo, Gumbo recipe, Cooking recipes.
You can cook Gumbo using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gumbo
- Prepare 1 box Zatarain's gumbo mix with rice.
- Prepare 6 cups Water.
- Prepare 1 cup Chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 Diced potatoes.
- You need 1 tsp Parsley flakes.
- Prepare 2 bags small, tail-off peeled shrimp (100-150 in each bag).
- Prepare 2 cups chicken breast.
- You need 1 1/2 Polish sausage.
- You need 2 cups crab meat.
- It's 2 cups frozen okra.
- It's 1 Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Red crushed peppers.
- It's 5 Hardboiled eggs (Optional).
- You need Seafood seasoning.
Save this Filé gumbo lasagna recipe and more from Kevin Belton's New Orleans Celebrations to your own online collection at. Make gumbo like the real Cajuns do! Gumbo, which originated in southern Louisiana, can be defined as a soup of meat and/or shellfish and rice. It is always seasoned with garlic, onions, and ground.
Gumbo step by step
- Add 6 cups of water, 1 cup of chicken broth, eggs, and gumbo mix into a big pot (under low heat).
- After it starts to boil add parsley flakes and bay leaf.
- Make sure to stir frequently to keep your food from sticking.
- Rinse shrimp in cold water for about 5 minutes then sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Add potatoes, crab meat, polish sausage, shrimp, chicken breast, and frozen okra then stir.
- Add red crushed peppers.
- Place a lid on the pot. Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- Enjoy :-).
Gumbo - Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Serve with white rice for soaking up the rich sauce. This Authentic New Orleans Gumbo is made with a dark roux, vegetables, chicken, sausage, and shrimp, and served over rice. This is a beloved recipe shared with me by a native New Orleanian. gumbo. dervived from the west african word "gombo" for okra; a stew comprised of the holy trinity in cajun/creole cooking (onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes) cajun spices, okra, bay leaves. Read Also Recipes