Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipes - Your entire favorite eating places have their own top secret recipes on the menu which you will typically buy and revel in. mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes Some of these could even turn into your favourite dishes. What should you might make these dishes within the consolation of your own house for less than a small fraction of the restaurant worth?
You can have Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes
- You need ● For The Meat.
- It's 2-2 " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece].
- It's ● For The Brine.
- It's 3 Cups Water.
- It's 4 Cups Ice.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1/3 Cup Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 6 Cloves Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- It's 1 tbsp Whole Pepper Corns.
- It's 1 tsp Dried Thyme.
- You need 1 tsp Thyme.
- Prepare ● For The Seasonings.
- It's to taste Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning.
- You need to taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need to taste Onion Powder.
- It's to taste Garlic Powder.
- It's ● For The Sides.
- Prepare as needed Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
- It's as needed Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings].
- You need as needed Fresh Baked French Bread.
- Prepare as needed Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter.
Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes step by step
- Two - 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed..
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved..
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely...
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°..
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature..
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat..
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat..
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes..
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops..
- Once at 140° - pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested..
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns..
Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes - Read Also Recipes