New York Jewish Challah Braid
“How to Make a Recipe New York Jewish Challah Braid need 10 ingredients and 12 Step”
You can make New York Jewish Challah Braid use 10 ingredients and 12 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make New York Jewish Challah Braid
- You Need 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- You Need 1 envelope active dry yeast.
- You Need 2 tbsp sugar.
- You Need 1 tsp kosher salt.
- You Need 3/4 cup water.
- You Need 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- You Need 1 large egg.
- You Need 1 vegetable oil.
- You Need 1 egg yolk.
- You Need 1 poppy seeds.
how to make New York Jewish Challah Braid
- In mixer, nix 1 1/4 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar and salt. In a measuring cup add hot water and 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil and mix together. Add to flour mixture..
- Beat with mixer on low, 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently..
- Add the egg and mix till smooth. Add in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle and consistency no be sticky..
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes until dough becomes smooth and elastic..
- place dough in vegetable oil greased bowl turning over to grease both sides. Cover with dish towing and let rise in warm place for 2 hours. You can tell when dough is ready if an indentation remains when touched..
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside..
- Punch down dough and evenly divide dough into three parts. Roll each part into a rope of about 14 inches long..
- Place ropes close together on cookie sheet. Braid ropes gently and loosely (don't stretch)..
- Fasten ends together and tuck under securely. Brush with oil, cover again and let ruse for 45 minutes in a warm place or until doubled..
- Preheat oven to 375. in a bowl, mix together egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water together. Brush all over braid. Sprinkle with poppy seed..
- Bake 25-30 min till golden. (Check bread at 15 minutes and tent with aluminum foil if bread seems to be browning too quickly)..
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool..