Spicy ‘Kimpira’ Lotus Root & Edamame recipes - Having spicy ‘kimpira’ lotus root & edamame at house allows you to have extra household time, you can too exhibit to your folks and feel good about inviting them over for dinner, they are going to be so impressed eating a meal which tastes like it's been made at a 5 star restaurant. You'll soon discover that it is possible for you to to make these nice tasting meals anytime. It is superb what number of cooking guides can be found to you which can allow you to in on so many secrets.
The Blissful Chef shows you how to make a traditional macrobiotic recipe called Kinpira, using lotus root, burdock, and carrots. Lotus root can be served raw, pickled, boiled, stir-fried, deep fried, and stewed. The texture and taste of it could change dramatically as cooking The Chinese style stir-fried spicy lotus root recipe I am sharing today has an incredible crunchy texture and refreshing taste that you have to try it out yourself!
You can cook Spicy ‘Kimpira’ Lotus Root & Edamame using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy ‘Kimpira’ Lotus Root & Edamame
- It's 1 bag (400 g) Frozen Lotus Root Slices.
- You need Canola Oil OR Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup Edamame *removed from the pods, thawed.
- You need 1 Spring Onions *finely chopped.
- You need Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- It's <Sauce>.
- Prepare 1 clove Garlic *grated.
- You need 1 small piece Ginger *grated.
- It's 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon Mirin.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil.
- It's 2-3 teaspoons Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) *OR Chilli as required.
- You need 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar *optional.
Put the sliced lotus root into vinegar water as you slice it, as described above. Heat up a large frying pan with the oil. Great recipe for Spicy Lotus Root Kimpira Stir-fry. Kimpira is a kind of slightly spicy stir-fried vegetables with mirin and soy sauce.
Spicy ‘Kimpira’ Lotus Root & Edamame step by step
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Check the flavour. You may wish to add more Sugar or Chilli. *Note: Vinegar is optional..
- Frozen Lotus Root Slices don’t need to be thawed, but you might need to half-thaw them to cut in half if they are large..
- Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a frying pan or wok over high heat and cook 1/2 of Frozen Lotus Root until browned and just cooked enough. Transfer to a plate. Add extra Oil and cook remaining Frozen Lotus Root Slices until browned and just cooked enough..
- Return the first batch to the pan, add the sauce and Edamame, and cook until the sauce is caramelised..
- Sprinkle with the chopped Spring Onion and Toasted Sesame Seeds, and serve..
Spicy ‘Kimpira’ Lotus Root & Edamame - A good-looking vegetarian dish with great flavour, spicy lotus root stir-fry can be made in just a few minutes. This recipe tells you all the essential facts about this special vegetable and how to pick the spicy seasoning sauce. Lotus Root Curry - Lotus root cooked in a tangy tamarind sauce that goes well with white rice or roti. Stir Fried Lotus Root (vegan, Gluten-free) With Lotus Root, Coconut Oil, Garlic, Fresh Ginger, Green Onions, Red Bell Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Sesame Seeds, Water, Maple Syrup, Liquid. There are so few ingredients in this simple dish, lotus root, spring onion, red pepper flakes, rice wine vinegar and salt and oil. Read Also Recipes