Chorizo Breakfast Burrito – Made for any meal breakfast burrito recipe with skillet fried potatoes, pork chorizo, and scrambled eggs. I'm also usually not a fan of pork ? Everyone is usually appalled with me when I let that slip. You can make Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes use 10 ingredients and 10 step. Here’s how to}.
Ingredients make Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes
- You Need large flour tortillas.
- You Need avocado oil (or vegetable, coconut, etc).
- You Need Mexican cheese blend.
- You Need frozen diced potatoes or homemade diced potatoes.
- You Need ground chorizo (not links unless taking fresh chorizo out of lining links).
- You Need eggs.
- You Need chipotle seasoning.
- You Need chili powder.
- You Need Hot sauce.
- You Need Salt and pepper.
So, what separates a burrito from a breakfast burrito? I'll have to refer to our own Los Angeles correspondent Farley who claims that the morningtime Divide the potatoes, chorizo, eggs, cheese, cilantro, salsa, and avocado between the four warmed tortillas. Roll the tortillas into a burrito shape. Whisk eggs in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
how to make Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes
- Heat large skillet with your choice of oil. Add potatoes to the skillet and cover and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes. If potatoes and not frozen, add potatoes and warm on medium-high uncovered..
- While potatoes are cooking, take out another skillet and only add non-stick spray (no oil here – chorizo produces enough). Once warm, add ground chorizo and cook on medium-high until meat is no longer pink..
- Remove cover of potatoes and flip. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chili powder, chipotle seasoning, and enough hot sauce to lightly cover the potatoes. Stir. Continue to cook potatoes until most are lightly crusted..
- Crumble the chorizo with spatula. Continue to flip around on medium-low heat when cooked..
- Add 6 eggs to a boil. Add a dash of salt and pepper and chili powder. Add yet another skillet to the lot and cover with non-stick spray. Pour whisked eggs onto the skillet and scramble as they cook..
- Warm and steam large torillas in the mircrowave for 20 seconds. I like to wet a paper towel and layer them. It's easier to fold that way..
- Once tortillas are warm, add mexican cheese to the bottom, then potatoes, then chorizo, then eggs, and more cheese. Fold the burrito like they would at chipotle or whatever. Sides in, then roll bottom to top..
- Optional – grill on a skillet!.
- Top with more hot sauce (I used Diablo sauce from Taco Bell 😉 and cheese..
- Add side of potatoes, and enjoy!.
Add oil to same skillet; heat over medium heat. Add eggs; cook until softly scrambled. Top with cheese, eggs, cilantro, salsa, and avocado. Enjoy this cheesy burrito that's made using eggs, sausage and potatoes – perfect for a Mexican meal. Mexican chorizo is made with fresh pork while Spanish chorizo is made with smoked pork.